Plant-based veggie bowl, a meal packed with lots of different flavours and nutrients 🥗
I made this while craving lots of different vegetables after a day where I hadn’t eaten much, and that I had was barely nutritional!
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/2 courgette
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small tin of sweetcorn
- 1/2 leek
- 1/2 onion (I used red, either is fine)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tin chickpeas
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp gluten-free soya sauce
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp honey (swap for maple syrup to make vegan)
- red cabbage
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C
2. Start cooking rice as per instructions
3. Batonnet cut the courgette (into thick sticks) and halve the tomatoes. Coat with balsamic vinegar, coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika, dried chives, dried sage and dried oregano. Place on a roasting tray and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. Slice the leek, onion and garlic and add to a non-stick frying pan with some hot water and 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika, dried chives, dried sage, dried oregano, garlic powder and ground coriander.
5. Drain and rinse chickpeas add to a pan with honey and 1 tsp of smoked paprika until heated through.
6. Wash and cut lettuce, cucumber, radishes, red cabbage and celery for fresh salad and add the sweetcorn.
7. Once cooked, drain rice and rinse with boiling water. Add to bowl and mix in soy sauce, nutritional yeast flakes and 1/2 tsp of dried chives, dried sage, dried oregano, garlic powder and ground coriander.
8. Remove the veg from the oven and hob, chickpeas and salad and add to the bowl
The vegetables and spices used in this recipe can be swapped out with alternatives to suit your taste or whatever you have in your kitchen.
This recipe can be made vegan by simply swapping out the honey for maple syrup